SUNBED TAN DOs AND DONTs
How to get your best sunbed tan.
- DO shower, exfoliate and shave. If you don’t have time for a thorough exfoliation, a quick rubdown with a loofah, brush or bath puff during shower time is just fine.
- DO apply a non-oil-based light moisturizer right after you shower.
- DO apply a lip balm with SPF protection. We always have some available for you!
- DO use tanning lotions, bronzers and intensifiers formulated exclusively for sunbed tanning. Lotions not made for the sunbed won’t help your tan and may even cause damage to the sunbed. Find the best lotion for you!
- DO check the side effects of your prescription medications--some include skin sensitivity with UV exposure.
- DON’T wear makeup or jewelry, and avoid heavy perfumes or essential oils.
- DO disrobe to your comfort level. If you choose to be nude, be sure to cover areas not typically exposed to the sun.
- DO wear protective goggles. They’re always on-hand and required by law!
- DO use a tan extender to ensure staying golden longer.
- DON’T tan again for at least 24 hours as recommended by the FDA. The tanning process doesn’t stop when you leave the sunbed, and your skin needs downtime to properly develop color.
- DO maintain your perfect shade by tanning 1 to 3 times a week, according to your personalized tanning schedule.
There are times when you want to look and feel extra… shall we say, intoxicating? Mix things up with a cocktail tan--a combination of a sunbed session immediately followed by a spray tan chaser.
Why does this work? The sunbed session triggers your skin’s melanin production and opens up your pores, then the spray tan more evenly penetrates your skin. The result? Lit.