Follow these tips for a beautiful, believable bronze that lasts 5-7 (or even up to 10!) days depending on its care.
- DO shower, exfoliate and shave your skin’.
- DO use moisturizers and lotions specially formulated exclusively for spray tanning.
- DO wear loose-fitting, dark clothing and flip-flops or sandals to avoid rub-off.
- DON’T wear makeup, deodorants or perfumes. They create a barrier for absorption.
- DO wear a swimsuit or undergarments that you don’t mind staining--if you wear anything at all! Please disrobe only to your comfort level.
- DO wear a protective hair cap and remove all jewelry. Remember to remove your watch or fitness tracker!
- DO apply a light layer of barrier cream in areas where skin tends to be rougher-- especially elbows, hands and feet (including cuticles, fingers and toes)--as they tend to soak up more color.
- DO use our free amenities for your convenience and protection, including hair caps, eyewear, nose filters, lip balm and cotton balls.
- DO moisturize daily with a high quality product formulated for spray-tanned skin. Caution! Drugstore lotions may contain oils and other ingredients that can shorten the life of your spray tan.
- DO use soaps and body washes made to extend the life of your tan. Avoid harsh soaps and those with exfoliants or oils which can shorten the life of your tan.
- DO maintain your spray tan between sessions with a self-tanning product.
- DON’T sweat heavily, shower, bathe or swim for at least 4 hours afterward. Note that chlorine will break down a spray tan quickly and so we suggest avoiding it entirely, if possible.
- DON’T use pore strips or bandages that will take off your tan.
- DON’T use an exfoliant until you’re preparing to spray again.
PRO TIP: Want to WOW with intense color? Try cocktail tanning--a sunbed session followed immediately with a spray tan chaser. It’s booze-free but still so delicious! Read more about it in our sunbed tips