How to Sunless Spray Tan
Get your perfect color in 3 easy steps!
Follow these simple steps, and you’ll be an expert tanner in no time.
Prepare your skin for spray tanning
The first steps to getting the perfect sunless tan happen before you even get to the tanning salon:
- Shower, shave and exfoliate your skin.
- Avoid using moisturizers and lotions that are not specially formulated for sunless tanning before your sunless session.
- Avoid wearing perfumes or make-up that provides a barrier for absorption.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session.
- FDA recommended nose plugs, lip balm and accessories are available at all Planet Tan locations. Ask your salon associate for details.
For more information on the FDA's stance on DHA, please visit the FDA's website and search for “Spray Tan DHA.”
Get the Most Out of Your Session
Your sunless tan will last up to 7 days.
- Wait at least 4 hours before bathing, swimming or coming into contact with water.
- Avoid engaging in activities that cause you to sweat heavily until your tan has fully developed (at least 4 hours).
- Moisturize daily with a post-sunless product.
Extend the Life of Your Color
Proper skin care before, during and after sunless tanning will extend the life and look of your tan. At Planet Tan, we carry the highest-quality indoor tanning products available:
- Pre-sunless: Exfoliating and moisturizing products accelerate your tan and produce deeper, darker results.
- Self-tanners: Great way to keep your tan between sessions.
- Post-sunless: Provide a fresh fragrance, extend your tan and prevent fading.
Learn more about our Sunless Spray Tanning Products.