Stellar Tanning Tips
Achieve the Perfect Sunbed Color
The sun. It’s the fundamental ingredient for all life forms. Through its light, warmth and radiant energy, the sun provides the basis for all life on our planet. It stimulates the mind and the soul. It provides a sense of inner peace and well-being that both comforts and energizes. When the sun is shining, spirits are lifted and rejuvenated.
How Do We Tan?
The sun creates UV light, which is responsible for tanning and is divided into two categories: UVA or UVB.
UVA’s main role in the tanning process is oxidizing melanin, the browning pigment that tans the skin. UVB triggers melanin production in the skin. Both types of UV rays play a significant role and are needed for a balanced tanning process.
Know Your Skin Type
Follow the recommended exposure schedule for your skin type. If you’re unsure or have questions regarding your skin type, consult with one of our certified Planet Tan consultants, who will advise you on the proper procedures.
Apply Skin Care Products
- Use lotions before and after tanning to keep an attractive tan looking better longer.
- Only use lotions formulated specifically for indoor tanning to maximize the appearance of your tan.
- Choose from an array of tanning skin care products, from essential to luxury, designed to work with any skin type and tanning level.
- Never try to hurry a tan, and always use common sense.
- Never tan more than once in a 24-hour period. This gives your tan time to develop, which can take up to 48 hours.
- Retain your desired color by tanning once or 2 to 3 times a week, depending on the level of the bed.
- Try a cocktail tan as an alternative to your weekly regimen to instantly max your color.
- Always wear protective eye goggles when tanning.
- Always use a lip balm with SPF when tanning to protect the delicate skin on your lips.
- Find the right lotion.