How to Sunbed Tan
The Easy 3-Step Guide to Getting Your Best Tan Ever
Follow these simple steps, and you’ll be an expert tanner in no time.
Know How You Tan
The sun creates 2 types of UV light: UVA and UVB. UVA’s role in the tanning process is oxidizing melanin, the browning pigment that tans the skin. UVB triggers melanin production in the skin. Both types of UV rays are needed for a balanced tan. Our state-of-the-art tanning equipment is designed to replicate the UVA and UVB produced by the sun, while allowing you to control your exposure.
Find Your Perfect Tan
Know Your Skin Type
Follow the recommended exposure schedule for your skin type. If you’re unsure or have questions regarding your skin type, consult with one of our certified Planet Tan consultants, who will advise you on the proper procedures.
Remember the 3 Rules for Getting Your Best Glow
Apply skin care products
- Use lotions before and after tanning to keep an attractive tan looking better longer.
- Only use lotions formulated specifically for indoor tanning to maximize the appearance of your tan.
- Choose from an array of tanning skin care products, from essential to luxury, designed to work with any skin type and tanning level.
- Never try to hurry a tan, and always use common sense.
- Never tan more than once in a 24-hour period. This gives your tan time to develop, which can take up to 48 hours.
- Retain your desired color by tanning once or 2 to 3 times a week, depending on the level of the bed.
- Try a Cocktail Tan as an alternative to your weekly regimen to instantly max your color.
- Always wear protective eye goggles when tanning.
- Always use a lip balm with SPF when tanning to protect the delicate skin on your lips.
- Find the best lotion.